Re: OpenFoam

On Friday 25 April 2008, Gerber van der Graaf wrote:
> My question is if there is some interest in having this software on
> Debian and are there (aspirant) users willing to collaborate or
> giving me a hand while packaging? Though I have done some packaging,
> this is a large project and might be asked too much for a single
> person to do it.

I recently uninstalled it by hand because of its extreme 500 MB
footprint. I did the installation by hand as well, and can't remember
any significant difficulties with installing it except in that there
were some environmental variables that I had to hack into my bash init
scripts. A good first step might be to crawl the OpenFOAM forums and
assemble a good list of technical issues that can be installed via
debconf etc.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/