Re: Axiom FTBFS on sparc

At 11 Nov 2008 12:40:02 +0000,
Chris Walker wrote:
> I've just tried to build axiom on sparc on a lenny system- and get
> exactly the same build error. It builds fine on an i386 system.

Unfortunately I suspect that to track this down needs someone with a
good understanding of GCL and access to a sparc.

[ forking discussion snipped ]

> So is axiom maintained upstream, or should the Debian package be
> replaced by one or both of OpenAxiom or FriCAS - and is there a comparison
> between the two?

I don't know about what among the three is the best option, but it looks like axiom continues to
release as well:

	http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mathematics.axiom.devel/19751

Sorry if this is obvious, but I doubt very much that the release
managers will allow a new upstream release or fork into Lenny at this
point.