Re: agent-based simulation

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Charles Plessy wrote:

we will warmly welcome swarm in our repository, but since it seems to
have a broader scope that just medecine and biology, I recommend to
check before on debian-science@lists.debian.org if some people would
prefer to co-maintain it there.

I completely agree.

You might find there persons that are
stronger in modelisation and simulation than us, which will be an asset
when you will get bug reports from all horizons :)

At  http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/  you can find the packages
that are currently in the focus of Debian Science project.  I'm not really
sure whether you might consider one category apropriate for swarm.  If not
we should consider opening a new category "Simulation" to put this project
in.  (Technical remark: Currently it is not reasonable to open a new
category without any existing Debian package.  So if swarm would be the
only package in this category for the moment we can not yet add it as a
prospective package in an otherwise empty metapackage.  I'm working on
this because we need the feature in Debian Med as well.)

Kind regards and looking foreward to see swarm in Debian