Re: Presentation of Debian Science/Octave/Scilab/Scicomp, roundtable on free software

Sylvestre

thanks for your support. By the way you will have both the scilab hat and Debian hat. I will have the Mediator/OPUS hat and the Debian one.

Debian is officially declared as a project that should participate to the discussion. My initial email purpose is to gather some facts and
people experience wrt packaging/distributing through Debian

> Silvestre,
> do you have anything like that for Scilab and its integration in Debian ?
I don't have anything written down but I can provide you information. We
crossed many problems about the different facts that you highlight
(intellectual property, contributor relations, community building,
tools...).
Since you will present at the round table and possibly  some other scilab people
I expect that you will be (very) active :)

We are preparing a document regarding the organisation of the roundtable that we will circulate to the people we wish to be active
i will send it to you once it is ready.

Best regards
C.