Re: does anyone know a substitution for CrystalMaker

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008, Carlo Segre wrote:

As someone else mentioned, Jmol is a good choice too but there was only an unoffical Debian package which is 3 years out of date and not on the http://debian.wgdd.de/debian site any longer. I do have that package if you are interested but I have not updated it at all.

Well, in Debian Med we keep a record of jmol at

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.html#jmol

I added this as prospective package to chemistry task of Debian Science -
feel free to add it tho the corresponding Debian Edu task if you think
it is an application for schools (or just tell me if you think it is worth
mentioning - I volunteer to add it to the tasks file).

Regarding packaging read the remark in the end of the description.  It
seems to feature the typical problems Java programs are featuring regarding
inclusion of several jars that do not really belong to the project.  So
the source of the inofficial package is just there but might be of less
help ...