Re: Debian Science Policy: First draft online and open for discussion

Le Wed, May 28, 2008 at 12:35:01AM +0200, Manuel Prinz a écrit :

> a first draft of the Debian Science Policy is now available in the Debian
> Science repository and can be checked out with:

Hi Manuel and Sylvestre,

Nice work :) I have a few comments and questions:

 - Why is 'Priority: extra' preferred over optional? What are the
   expected benefits?

 - It could be useful to request that the fields in debian/control are
   always used in the same order, to help repository-wide changes.

 - The match order in the machine-readable copyright format has been
   reversed compared to the original proposal. Therefore, your example
   is slightly outdated.

 - For the license of the packaging work, I recommend to require that
   its license is not more restrictive than the original source, so that
   patches do not cause problems when forwarded upstream.

> 1. What license should we use for the document?

Unless you have concerns that the document can be forked and
close-sourced, using GPL is probably too much and will open the
possibility of arguments at the GPLv4 transition :)

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org