Re: Software for poster presentations

* Stuart Prescott <debian-expires2007@nanonanonano.net> [2008-05-18 23:13:03 +0100]:

> Hi All,
>
> As a brief respite from packaging discussions, here's a user question:
>
> What software would you use or recommend for preparing a poster for
> presentation at a conference? [0]
>
> * scribus: I've never used it but by its description it sounds like a good
> tool for the job; I've heard it's a bit quirky but that it's a good program
> for this sort of thing.

I've done all my scientific conference posters in Scribus for more then 4
years now. I've yet to run into any quirks as far as poster preparation is
concerned. Poster preparation is probably one of the simplest use cases for
Scribus, so I'd be really surprised if you would really run into any problems.
By the way, printing these posters is easy as all print shops can print the
excellent PDFs Scribus produces.

Regards,

Alex.