Re: Debian-science: synthesis about VCS & repository structure

    Sylvestre> If there is no strong objections, I will migrate the
    Sylvestre> current svn to git.

My experience is that the migration is not quite automatic, at least
if you want the result to work nicely with git-buildpackage (which by
the way I think should probably be part of our "suggested work flow").

Because of this I think it is better to have maintainers migrate their
own packages.  If you want to facilitate this process, a HOWTO would
be very good, and useful not just for this transition.

David