How to exclude parts of repositories in my local copy?

Hi,

I think linking to external SVNs in the biology and chemestry section
of the debian-science SVN is very reasonable.  On the other hand I'm
not really happy about having two copies of the Debian-Med svn on my
local harddisk.  Anybody knows how I could locally exclude this part
from a checkout?  I'm not an SVN expert and just hope that anybody
could safe me from wasting disk space and stop confusing myself by two
copies of the same thing.