Re: desktop file main category for a scientific data viewer?

Le Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 03:11:32AM +0100, Daniel Leidert a écrit :

> > It would give more weight to our proposal to FreeDestkop.org.
>
> I really don't think so. You would need some kind of project decision
> (guess a GR vote, ...) and not a discussion to really have a decision by
> the Debian project and not just some individuals.

I did not really think of an official endorsment, I am more concerned
that in the discussions from which this proposal partially stems, some
suggesions are not compatible with "Research". This said, I agree
FreeDestkop.org is a better place for the discussion.

How about sending a link on -devel inviting interested developpers to
check to their mail-list archives or bugzilla when "Research" will have
been proposed as a new mail category?

By the way, Jordan, do you need some help ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org