Re: Optical Ray-tracing software - not like povray!

> Does anyone know some kind of equivalent software, ideally open-source?
> Its very difficult to search for such software, since 'ray tracing' gets
> lost in a maze of pov-ray type software, all alike...

Try Oslo EDU from Sinclair Optics. It is free as in beer. I used it a
few years ago and it has the most klunky motif interface of any
program I've ever used but it gets the job done. If you can get a
earlier version of it, it runs natively on linux. The latest version
runs on Linux using Wine.

You can download it from
http://www.sinopt.com/

Ranjan