Re: ROOT 5.16 in unstable?

Hi Christian,

I am a DD and we can do this together when I am in Copenhagen for the
NorduGrid conference
(http://indico.hep.lu.se/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=318)
later in September. I am CCing to Anders who is also interested in Debian at
your site.

Frankly, alone for the immense resources that ROOT requires, I do not see much
of a chance to get it compiled on, say, Motorola 68k platforms. Well, ok,
maybe a 2020 mobile phone would easily handle ROOT's compilation :o)

Also, to my understanding it is not a requirement for the packages to compile
on a particular platform from day 1. It is only that subsequent releases of
ROOT must compile on those architectures that they have been successfully
compiled on before.

I am not a user of ROOT, I just know how important it is in the grid computing
world which is of my prime concern. I hence wished that there was another
sponsor around. You can fall back on me though.

Best regards

Steffen

--

Dr. Steffen Möller