Re: checkinstall lacking on stable

Don:
Thanks.

Is the following a correct procedure for etch amd64? (modified from a recipe I
found for sarge):

(1) Add this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list file

deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ etch-backports main contrib non-free

(i.e., "etch" in place of "sarge")

(2) Add the following lines to your /etc/apt/apt-file.conf
That will deactivate all packages from backports.org

Package: *
Pin: release a=etch-backports
Pin-Priority: 200

(i.e."apt-file.conf" in place of "preferences" and "etch" in place of "sarge").

(3) #apt-get -t etch-backports install <packagename>

(i.e., "etch" in place of "sarge").

Thanks
francesco