Re: Debian and meteorology

On 08/06/07, Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> wrote:
In the last 2 years I've been working in a weather centre and I got to
know, write and maintain a bit of meteorology-oriented software in
Debian.

I work very tangentially in meteorology (more than anything, I just
solve PDEs that are inspired by meteorology), and I find your post
very interesting. Which software do you maintain?

Btw, do you know how can I have access to real meteorological data?
What free data is out there? It's not that I don't want to pay; it's
that I want to make a point about working only with free software and
free data. Right now, I mostly use libnoise to generate various levels
of coherent noise as initial conditions for my PDEs, but I would like
to be able to work with real data.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.