Re: Any suggestion about chemistry-tools

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 03:57:29PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 09:09:04PM +0800, Nickel Cobalt wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > I'm a chemistry teacher in senior school. For several years I used ACD/sketch in
> > windows,
>
> I don't know what ACD/sketch is, it a chemical structures drawing
> program like Chemtool, or some molecular modelling software like e.g.
> Hyperchem?

Thank you! ACD/sketch in http://www.acdlabs.com/download/chemsk.html,
it's a splendid software I've used. Although there is a linux version,
it must be run with CrossOver office! I have no money :-(

Generally speaking, ACD/sketch is a program like Chemtool, but with more
functions and feathers.

> > but now I am using debian4.0 stable.
> >
> > I want to know are there something tools like ACD/sketch in debian,
> > which must have following feathers:
>
> >   a. moleculer designer
> >   b. 3D view and rotation
>
> Should those be 3d modelling or 2D drawing (with some pseudo-3D
> rotation)?
Forgive for my ambiguous words! It should be 2D drawing with some
pseudo-3D rotation. Or you can try ACD/sketch, and you will understand
what I said.

> >   c. pretty output with OpenOffice and/or PDF, as well as latex
>
> output of what?
This is a optional thing.

> >   d. some moleculer template such as ACD/sketch
> >   e. bond length & bond angle caculation, etc.
> > Any suggestion will be apreciate!
>
> There's probably not one program for all of the above.
>
> I suggest to look at ghemical and gchempaint for modelling and drawing,
> respectively.
>
> Michael
I've tried ghemical & gchempaint, but none of them can be satisfied with
me. But thank you!

Regards,
Nickel Cobalt