Re: Distributed filesystems in Debian

A short report since some expressed interest in getting any updates:

I checked into the docs for Oracle's OCSF2 starting here

http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/

Its userland is included in recent Debian and kernel modules in recent
versions of Linux.

It looks fairly straight-forward to set up but a few things make me
shy:

 - I seems geared to low numbers of clients (<10).  The number must be
 preset (although can be increased later).

 - It does not seem to allow for a single image to span multiple
 servers or even multiple partitions (yes, LVM solves that second
 one).

 - Although it isn't high on my list, it also seem to provide no
 redundancy.

Except for what is probably better handling of downed servers, I don't
see much benefit beyond just using NFS.

So, I'm still shopping.

-Brett.