Re: [Latex/Bibtex] expand references within .tex

Hi Andre,

First of all, it seems that I misunderstood the editor and she just
asked to change bibliography style, so I am fine now.  At first I
thought that I was asked to expand the references within the .tex
source, that is why I was asking about .tex -> .tex conversion so that
"in the paper \cite{Zam1681}" becomes expanded as "in the paper
(Zambuddy, 1681)" in the .tex source and corresponding formatted entry
(according to the style) appended at the end in the list of
references within .tex.

I managed to make rubber's expand to work (with elderly version of
it) but it also doesn't do the expansion I wanted - it just embeds
"\input"s in the .tex body, which is also the need I accomplished with a
sed script before I re-discovered rubber ;-)

Cheers
Yarik
On Fri, 09 Mar 2007, Andre Lehovich wrote:

> --- Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> wrote:
> > I was requested by publisher to expand all \cite's with apalike style
> > citations and other things as well...  well - pretty much do expansion
> > of the original source.

> I don't understand the question.  The texdoctk command provides an interface to
> the TeX documentation that ships with Debian, including a number of
> bibliography-related packages.  Perhaps natbib or bibentry does what you want?

> --Andre

> Now that's room service!  Choose from over 150,000 hotels
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark
Student  Ph.D. @ CS Dept. NJIT
Office: (973) 353-5440x263 | FWD: 82823 | Fax: (973) 353-1171
        101 Warren Str, Smith Hall, Rm 4-105, Newark NJ 07102
WWW:     http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik