Re: embed fonts in eps from R?

Hi All

Sorry for bringing the issue back, but I've tried R's embedFonts and it
did no good. Fetched its return which was gs command, removed FONTPATH
(since I don't use any tricky ones and it was empty),  and had to
ran it with -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress and finally it DID IT! ;-)

So finally Makefile rule became

%_emb.pdf: %.pdf
    gs -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -sDEVICE=pdfwrite \
       -sOutputFile=$@ $^

so I get

,-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| *$> for f in fig1.pdf fig1_emb.pdf;do echo ; pdffonts $f; done
|
| name                                 type         emb sub uni object ID
| ------------------------------------ ------------ --- --- --- ---------
| Helvetica                            Type 1       no  no  no       8  0
| Helvetica-Bold                       Type 1       no  no  no       9  0
|
| name                                 type         emb sub uni object ID
| TDXOCJ+Helvetica                     Type 1C      yes yes no       9  0
| KTHKTE+Helvetica-Bold                Type 1C      yes yes no      11  0

`---

I hope this would be of help for someone...

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark