libgsl stuck, can anybody help?

Hi everybody,

I have been trying to do a new release of "libcomplearn", a package I
have had in Debian but recently has fallen out of date because it is
stuck behind the dependent libgsl package.  Unfortunately, the libgsl
package has been stuck for 55 days now [1]:

I have tried emailing a few people, but have not had any luck figuring
out how to help get libgsl unstuck.  I have also not found any
(certain) evidence that progress is being made.  apt-cache rdepends
indicates that there are dozens of packages dependent on libgsl0 or
libgsl0ldbl and so I am beginning to be concerned that we are building
up a lot of delay.

Can anybody reading this shed light on what the next logical step
would be here to unblock libgsl?  I am a new maintainer and so have
not dealt with this issue before.  It is essentially blocking most of
my Debian efforts, however, because almost all of my packages depend
on libcomplearn.  Any help is much appreciated,

Rudi

[1]: http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gsl.html

--
"We can try to do it by breaking free of the mental prison of
separation and exclusion and see the world in its interconnectedness