RFS: eprints

All,

I was informed by the mentors list that the science group was the place to come to look for advice and possible sponsorship to get this package into the debian package tree. Details as follows:

==

The bug is #171968

* Package name : eprints
Version : 3.0.1-1
Upstream Author : Christopher Gutteridge
* License : GPL (v2 or later)
Section : web

eprints - Content Management System for Information Archiving

EPrints is a web-based content management system. It allows a large
number of contributors to share their digital objects/documents with
others. Contributors provide descriptive data (metadata) which is
dependent on the type of object being deposited (presentations, articles,
books etc.). Before being published objects must be accepted by an
editor. Users can access published objects through web-page listings,
searches, email alerts or via integration with other systems.

==

So it is basically an OAI compliant archive for sharing publications, which is it's primary focus. Although it can be used to host a great number of different files for different purposes.

Some examples of companies using it:

	http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/
	http://eprints.rclis.org/
	http://openmed.nic.in/

I have built the package, lintain clean into the debian mentors repository and would appreciate any advice of suitability for submitting to the debian package tree.

Many Thanks

David Tarrant
--
EPrints Debian Maintainer
School of Electronics and Computer Science