Re: Removing usertags from archived bugs

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 12:02:23PM +0200, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> I am currently trying to clean debian-science usertags (see
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?usertag=debian-science@lists.debian.org
> and http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Usertags).
>
> I am failing to remove usertags from old (and archived) bugs that are
> in the 'Resolved bugs' section of
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?usertag=debian-science@lists.debian.org
[...]
> Is the only way to remove usertags to unarchive the relevant bugs?

Yes.

> Is it appropriate for me to do so?

I'd say that it's not appropriate, because ...

> I have also tried to hide archived bugs from the page
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?usertag=debian-science@lists.debian.org
> (with attempts with 'archive=' parameter) but I have failed so far.

... I think it's (a) a bug that this attempt doesn't work and (b) a bug
that archived bugs are shown in response to that query at all; other
similar-looking queries don't behave this way. Could you please file it
as a bug if it isn't already?

Thanks,