Re: fw: gfortran transition release goal proposal

Hello,

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:16:29 -0400, Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org> wrote:
>> (especially if there are different versions).  Would be better if the
>> missing getarg_ symbol could be put into libgfortran.
I'm suprised you had this problem with gfortran. I'm using it with in version 4.1 and getarg() do exist:
      program toto
      character(len = 80) :: tmp

      call getarg(0, tmp)
      write(*,*) tmp
      end program toto
gfortran -o toto toto.f produces the executable without error.

It also works for Fortran95 source files.

May you send the content of the contest file used by the configure from MPICH that fail linking for getarg?

Thanks,

Damien.