Debian on Intel Mac Pros (64-bit intel Xeon)

Hi list,

I have a whole bunch of Mac Pros at work (my boss just won't allow
anything else; he's from the medical world) running MacOS X on top of
Darwin. It's a waste to have such exquisite hardware ran by an obscured
OS (put mildly). After hitting my head with Darwin for months I decided
to install Debian on them. I failed miserably, but my fear of being
stuck forever with the above mentioned OS was far stronger. After a
couple of days of tries I finally found a way to circumvent
Debian-installation mishaps, which I think are mostly due to Apple
firmware. Now I can breathe easily while doing serious work.

For people in similar situations I have prepared a Wiki,

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnIntelMacPro

The trick was to make an installer with a patched kernel image.

Enjoy,
Ricardo Yanez