Re: checkinstall lacking on stable

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 00:32 -0700, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> I am now at such cases for amd64 (dual core opterons)
> with OpenMPI (a parallelization support) and Amber (a
> molecular dynamics package), which I wish to compile
> with my installed intel fortran and c.
I can't help with your problem, but your mail raises a couple of
questions.  I heard a couple years ago that Intel had made some changes
to their compilers that made them not work (or maybe not work well) with
chips from other vendors.  Is that information inaccurate?

Also, some of us are working on getting R and OpenMPI working together.
If anyone has done that, or would like to help, just speak up.

Ross Boylan