Ubuntu stable (edgy) and unstable (feisty) packages of ROOT 5.15/07 for i386 available.

Hi all,

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 20:27 +0200, Christian Holm Christensen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As the subject says, new (long overdue) Debian GNU/Linux packages of
> ROOT are available from
>
>         deb http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root unstable root
>         deb-src http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root unstable root
>
> for both i386 and powerpc.  Other contributed builds are welcome.
> Contributed builds of RPMs are also welcome.

Now also available for Ubuntu edgy and feisty on i386 (thanks to Frank
Siegert)

        deb http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root edgy root
        deb-src http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root edgy root
        deb http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root feisty root
        deb-src http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root feisty root

Note: libroot-python-dev may be un-installable. If so, please do not
write me on this.  Frank and I are looking into it.

Note: Debian GNU/Linux testing/stable (lenny/etch) users may have more
luck with the Ubuntu edgy repository than the Debian GNU/Linux unstable
(sid) repository.

- IMPORTANT NOTICE - IMPORTANT NOTICE - IMPORTANT NOTICE -

Many of the packages have changed names.  In particular

        root-bin		-> root-system-bin
        root-doc		-> root-system-doc
        root-rootd		-> root-system-rootd
        root-xrootd		-> root-system-xrootd
        root-proofd		-> root-system-proofd
        root-common		-> root-system-common

and I have taken _no_ provisions to make this update smooth.  Hence you
should completely de-install previous (pre 5.15.07-2) packages before
installing the new ones.  If not, you will get all sorts of conflicts
with overriden files, etc.  You have been warned.

The name change was done in an effort to make packages that complies
with the Debian FTP masters naming policy.  These packages are target
for the `experimental' distribution and it is our hope that they will be
accepted soon into that distribution.   From there, the road to the
`main' distribution goes via a production release of ROOT (scheduled for
June 27) and a clean built of that.

Yours,

--
 ___  |  Christian Holm Christensen
    | |  Address: Sankt Hansgade 23, 1. th.  Phone:  (+45) 35 35 96 91
     _|           DK-2200 Copenhagen N       Cell:   (+45) 24 61 85 91
    _|            Denmark                    Office: (+45) 353  25 404
 ____|   Email:   cholm@nbi.dk               Web:    www.nbi.dk/~cholm
 | |