VMD

Is any experience in running VMD on Debian? (VMD is a
graphical interface to molecular dynamics codes, such
as NAMD)

While NAMD seems to have reliable features, reading
release notes for last VMD is discouraging for a
Debian user: compilation was for old versions of
RedHat, notes are only given for Fedora and Suse, the
strong point seems to be Windows.

Nonetheless I am interested in NAMD because it
provides use of CHARMM parameters, so that I have to
try to bear this VMD. What I only hope, is that if
problems are with the basic system, usually Debian has
less problems than most other Linuxes, mostly solved
by soft links to vintage libraries.

Thanks
francesco pietra