web browser remote control

Solved the ssh problem to submit jobs to external
machine, I am faced by the problem of getting online
help from the house that provides a graphical
interface for setting up and launching the job. That
help is needed due to the complexity of the task to
prepare.

I am using gnome 2.14.3 on debian i386 etch, Epiphany
browser. This works well (Javascript enabled), though
it is unable to provide "remote control" where another
process can direct it to change the current page that
is displayed. No way to get online help while
preparing the job.

That "remote control" is said to be provided by recent
Netscape, Mozilla, and Firefox. Is that simply
feasible to set one of them as default browser in
gnome? If I had no problems to this regard I had not
posted.

Strict policies about free softw are beautiful, though
if I had to adhere strictly to them I could simply
stop  to do research.

Thanks
francesco pietra