Re: ssh

On 2/27/07, jeffd <fixedored@gmail.com> wrote:
Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Hi All:
> Is anyone aware of a friendly openssh (including
> server) that installs on Debian etch and allows
> interactive connections secured by pubkeys?
>
> I installed ssh and openssh-server from debian. OK
> using password, though I met problems in configuring
> for pubkeys (ssd_config comes with "UsePAM yes"
> "PermitRootLogin yes" #AuthorizedKeysFile %h/
> .ssh/authorized_keys" (does %h refer to every user?).
> Tired with trial-and-error I hope to find an easir
> groung elsewhere.
>
> Not anyone is a professional administrator, though
> many of us have to get the OS running. A bit more
> comments of the config file would help.
>
> Thanks
>
> francesco pietra

> Be a PS3 game guru.
> Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.

I think what you are looking for is :
PubkeyAuthentication yes

then  put your public key on the remote machine in
~/.ssh/authorized_keys . also make sure that file is chmod'd to 600

Some time ago i wrote this,

http://linux.go2linux.org/node/16

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."