Re: BALLView - a molecular viewer and modeling tool

Le Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 03:21:29AM -0500, Andreas a écrit :

> I have still one problem: Recognizing the PowerPC architecture.
> Currently the corresponding section in our configuration files looks like:
>
> PROCESSOR=`${UNAME} -m`
>
>  if test `echo $PROCESSOR|${CUT} -c3` = ppc ; then
>    ARCHITECTURE=ppc32
>    BINFMT=Linux-ppc32
>  fi
>  if test `echo $PROCESSOR` = ppc64 ; then
>    ARCHITECTURE=ppc64
>    BINFMT=Linux-ppc64
>  fi
>

> Unfortunately I am not sure if I got the names right, i.e. I dont
> know if uname differs between the 32 and 64 bit processors.
> Could some of the PPC users please send me the corresponding uname
> output?

Hi Andreas,

first of all, your package built fine on my iMac G5, works.

iMacs G5 uses a ppc64 kernel and a 32-bit powerpc userspace. Therefore, it will
be a bit difficult to get information with uname. However, Debian provides
dpkg-architecture, which is much more precise.

sorbet【~】$ dpkg-architecture
DEB_BUILD_ARCH=powerpc
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_CPU=powerpc
DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=powerpc
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnu
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=powerpc-linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_ARCH=powerpc
DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU=powerpc
DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU=powerpc
DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=powerpc-linux-gnu

sorbet【~】$ sudo chroot ppc64-chroot2
root@sorbet:/# dpkg-architecture
DEB_BUILD_ARCH=ppc64
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_CPU=ppc64
DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=powerpc64
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnu
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=powerpc64-linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_ARCH=ppc64
DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU=ppc64
DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU=powerpc64
DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=powerpc64-linux-gnu

You can have a look at the package for CERN's ROOT program to see how its
maintainer managed to sort things out using dpkg-architecture in debian/rules.

http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root/

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy