Re: BALLView - a molecular viewer and modeling tool

a very minor correction...

On 1/26/07, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Andreas Moll wrote:

> I have uploaded a new version of the package.

Well, I checked your work offline and my comments are concerning
the version from tomorrow morning.  So feel free to ignore issues
that might be voided by your new version.

> I have changed the control file again, to support the ppc arch.

If there is no reason to exclude a certain architecture you should
always use "Architecture: all" in your package.

I'm pretty sure you meant to say "Architecture: any" here.  (For
anyone who might need clarification: an Architecture: any package must
be built separately on every architecture.  Architecture: all is for a
package that can be built once and then used on every architecture as
is, usually because it contains scripts, data or documentation, but no
libraries or binaries.  The two words are too similar, everyone gets
them mixed up at one point or another :-)

By the way, Andreas Moll, the PPC architecture name in Debian is
"powerpc" and not "ppc", as in "foo_1.0-3_powerpc.deb", just in case
there was some doubt...

I hope this didn't come across as nitpicky, just wanted to make sure
things were clear for anyone new to Debian packaging who might be
reading the lists.

best regards,