Re: Couple of naive questions

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 10:07 -0800, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> --- Kenward Vaughan <kay_jay@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 06:27 -0800, Francesco Pietra
> > wrote:
> > > Yes, writing mathematical formulas with Oo is
> > > masochistic. This about LaTex is an invitation I
> > take
> > > to see if I can deal organic chemistry/natural
> > > products with it. Thank you
> > >
> > > francesco pietra
> >
> > Francesco,
> >
> > I used to use ochem quite a bit.  It worked so well
> > for me that I even
> > created a number of macros for it which simplified
> > much of the work for
> I have found the door open with gchempaint. have a
> look at
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=gchempaint
>
> francesco

This is a new one for me, as I've been playing mostly with Chemtool. It
does look promising (once I figure out a few things :).

The nice thing about the LaTeX packages is the quality of the image
created (mostly concerning typsetting the characters against line
drawings). It's less of an issue for teaching purposes, but I'm a
stickler for appearance (my reason for using LyX).

Cheers,

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,