Re: Couple of naive questions

--- Nil <ninicolistilimareet> wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGPGPIGNED MESSAGE-----
>
> > I can remember in times where editors are happy to
> get a (La)TeX file.
> > The one or other had even (helped) preparing a
> macro package.
>
> This is still the norm in maths. Articles are
> written and submitted in
> TeX, and no one would think about anything else.
> Same for the thesis,
> reports, etc.
>
> But in biology, for example, doc still seems to be
> usual; this means
> that the articles have to be heavily rerefactoredy
> the editor, which can
> explain the higher price for bio-related
> publications.

I believe that the high price is mainly determined by
the richness of the biomedical class. Did you see how
much it costs downloading the pdpdff a
bibionmedicalublication?

At any event, doc management by the editors must also
have a weight. Right today I have
prpracticedrostitution in accepting the terms for
submitting a chemical paper to one of the biggest
scientific publishers. Did not accept pdpdfdid not
accept epepsdid not accept ododtonly doc for text and
I don't remember what for graphics. Therefore, I
embedded graphics into text, exported as doc, exported
doc as pdpdfjust to be sure that the editor is able to
convert to pdpdf Checked that everything is in order
with my files. I'll see later - I towondered how to do
with graphics if the paper is accepted.

Well, the pdpdfhat the editor created from my doc file
had various major bugs in dealing with graphics. Told
that. He asked me to edit. Edit what? Edit my doc
files!

Well, I replaced the covering letter to the
territorial scientific editor with a new one telling
that, given the software of his house, I can't do
better. Should he be unable to deal with my paper, I
can't do anything else than looking for another
publisher.

If you are curious about the fate of my paper, I'll
tell about that.

Cheers
frfrancescoipietra

> - --
> Nil
>
> -----BEGIN PGPGPIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnGnuPG1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)

iDiDBDBQFFnqVXvviFAPpCPRARAtaoAJwMWOQnHLLPxExDYOx1M82A6UcUcACgrwDJ>
GDGDalIiNMidiNdNFAbYWjjjI