Re: Couple of naive questions

--- gnwiii@gmail.com wrote:

> On 1/3/07, Francesco Pietra <chiendarret@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Couple of naive questions:
> >
> > --Trying to upload to the editor's web site a
> > manuscript in *.odt format, the answer is "unknown
> > type of file".
> >
> > --Then, trying to upload a *.png file, the answer
> is
> > again "unknown type of file".
> >
> > Checking the guidelines for authors, the site is
> right
> > and I was wrong: text should be in doc format and
> > graphics in flat jpeg, no impressive export of
> povray
> > recognized.
> >
> > My first (naive) question is: am I too much ahead
> (in
> > publishing tools) or are the editors in organic
> > chemistry so much behind (in publishing tools)?
>
> The underlying problem with publishing is the high
> cost of the
> typesetting equipment and printing.  It is hard to
> make money
> publishing,

That's true for authors too, given that a successful
scientific monograph may attain 3,000 copies as a
limit set by the number of libraries around the world
plus the few individuals who can afford the price. It
is more rewarding writing short stories (personal
experience).

Thank you for making interestingly the point.
Cheers
francesco pietra

 so many organizations are still running