Re: Couple of naive questions

http://imt.chem.kit.ac.jp/fujita/fujitas3/xymtex/indexe.html

> [0]

> If you insist on a .deb for it, I wrote an installer
> package (really more of
> a framework) that will build one on your machine.
> See

I'll look at. The problem for an organic chemist is
also the speed of the package in letting you creating
complicated molecules. A few days ago I contacted
gchempaint and things are going on. In a few months
there will be a package for unix-type systems capable
of satisfying all needs. Have a look at
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?18648

This - I hope - will fill a major gap in unix systems
(from the point of view of a molecular chemist).

There is another gap (from the same point of view) on
unix systems: lack of a powerful free-form database.
Relational, structures packages are too slow to use, I
can't spend so much time in filling data. That is
matter for an organization, even free like PubChem.
What I need, is to fill words, paragraphs, even an
entire paper, into a record, having a powerful boolean
search to retrieve in seconds through thousands of
records. I can even quickly set fields on the flight.
I could write books useful for the amount of data
through my extensive databases, constructed day by day
with minimum effort. Though, I have to use it through
wine. I hope one day someone will start such a project
for unix-type systems.
Cheers
francesco pietra

http://people.debian.org/~kmccarty/cernlib/nonfree.html#mc