Re: How much interest in a "debian-science.org" repository?

Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Currently there are a fair number of repositories of science-related
> unofficial Debian packages out there.  I've been thinking that it might
> make sense to consolidate them into a single site.  This would have
> several advantages:
>
> - Permit convenient one-stop "shopping" for unofficial scientific .debs
> with only one sources.list entry (well, two counting deb-src)

I am a lurker on this list, so please don't hit on me too hard for a
possibly naiive question. I assume, this standalone repository is
supposed to be a stopgap for packages before entering Debian official
repository (and ultimately becoming part of future Debian stable), right?

Regards,
-- Sasha

--
Alexander L. Belikoff                          http://www.belikoff.net
PGP/GPG fingerprint: 907E E5C6 7BA7 195A 5B38  0DD4 E14F 9428 C03A 787A