[somewhat OT] 5th European school in bioinformatics in Budapest 4.-8.Sep.2006

Dear all,

I got this email (see below) from a colleague. Unfortunately I cannot participate,
but I thought it might be of interest to some of you.
Otherwise, sorry for disturbing.

Regards
 Stephan

============== SCHNIPP ============

**** Announcing the 5th European Bioinformatics School ****

The school will be held in Budapest, 4-8 September 2006.
Deadline for applications is July 31th 2006.
Notification of acceptance is issued by e-mail on August 7th.

The School is intensive and has a substantial practical component. Its
intent is to give a basic overview of the methods and tools available to the
community. It is aimed at inexperienced users and newcomers to the field,
and will cover five themes:

    Biological Databases and Gene Finding
    The Biosapiens Distributed Annotation System DAS
    Protein Structure Prediction and Analysis
    Protein Function Prediction
    Systems Biology

A fee (Eur 200) is charged to each participant and will be used to
contribute to the organizational costs. Everybody will be accommodated in
Park Hotel Congress Flamenco Budapest, in shared rooms. The organization
will cover the accommodation cost, breakfast, lunch, a 7-day travel card for
public transport in Budapest and a boat trip on the Danube with dinner.

For more information, please see URL:

    http://mispred.enzim.hu/course/index.htm

--
Stephan Gromer, MD. PhD.
Work:  Biochemie-Zentrum Heidelberg / Im Neuenheimer Feld 504 / D-69120