[Solved] Re: Extra AUTHOR section in a docbook xml manpage.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 01:21:33AM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote :

> I would further not use:
>
> <address>&dhemail;</address>
> <author>
>   &dhfirstname;
>   &dhsurname;
> </author>

Hi,

Thanks a lot, it solved my problem. I was using the template from
dh_make. Shall I file a bug ?

> Instead use the sample you can find e.g. in the manpage sources at
> http://cvs.wgdd.de/cgi-bin/cvsweb/fglrx_man/. Any extra AUTHORS section
> in the XML source is not necessary. Also edition, date and productname
> (or refmiscinfo calss=software|version|source) are supported with the
> upcoming stylesheets.
>
> I suggest: Do not build the manpage during build-time. Build it earlier
> so you can drop any dependency to the outdated docbook-xsl package. The
> next problem is, the the catalog rewrites the 'current'-HTTP-source to
> the outdated Debian package.

Actually, in the long term, I would like the bioinformatic packages I am
creating to be part of collectively maintained project, so I am hesitant
to build the manpages in a separate process.

Thanks again,

--
Charles