Re: alternatives to gnuplot ?

Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:21:41AM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
>> Dear Debian-Science,
>>
>> I am looking for a GNU GPL-compatibly licensed alternative to gnuplot,
>> preferably packaged in Debian.
>
> I have been using GLE since 10+ years http://glx.sourceforge.net/
> The webpage says it is under a BSD license, IIRC it is not in debian because
> of license issues, but it is easy to package. GLE is not maintained by the
> original author anymore, it is not entirely clear who wrote what and under
> what license, but maybe it has all been cleared up with the new team. It has
> been a while that Torsten and me have been looking into packaging it.

Well, I'm completely new to debian packaging, but I've hacked together a
working version that's better than using checkinstall based on the
latest CVS snapshot referred to on the website.

If anyone would like to use/modify the few changes I've made, I'm not
particularly interested in becoming the debian maintainer for the
package and I'm sure others could do it better - please tell me and I'll
take the thing off my website and let you do it!

Anyway, you can get a copy (and admire the lovely huge ad banner :( at:

http://rswarbrick.coolinc.info/tipd.htm

PLEASE send me any feedback.

Rupert