OT: naming your application was: Re: alternatives to gnuplot ?

Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006, david schryer wrote:
  I am writing in LaTeX.   This included installing python, eclipse,
  pydev, compiling the pyx module and getting them all to work together
so you got python + eclipse + pyx as shipped with Debian and only what
you had to install is pydev, is that correct?

<rant>
I'd never heard of Eclipse. It took me a heck of a long time (fully four or five minutes!) to find my way to it.
1.) the pydev site talks about it alot, but includes no links to it.
2.) more importantly: the name. Try googling "eclipse" for anything useful. In addition to finding the app, the name makes it difficult to search google for anything related to it: uses, applications, bugs, hints, ... I had the same problem with ConTeXt when I was using it. If you invent something, please give it a googlable name!
</rant>