Re: ubuntu-science

Michael Banck wrote:
On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:22:50PM -0800, Jordan Mantha wrote:
Ok, so the reason I sent this rather long email is that I think it would be a benefit to both the Debian and Ubuntu communities if we keep each other informed at least and work together where possible. I am encouraging the MOTUScience team members to at least email this list when a new science package has been added to Ubuntu so that we don't get a lot of duplication of work. It would be great to also file an ITP and find a DD to sponsor. It would be helpful to us if we had some sort of list (maybe on DebianScienceSponsoring) of DDs willing to sponsor scientific packages. We get so much from the Debian community that it would great for Ubuntu community to be able to give something back. I you have any suggestions of things we can do don't hesitate to email the ubuntu-science list.

I am happy to sponsor chemistry-related packages into Debian.

Michael

Thanks so much for your help. This is exactly what I was looking for. I will add names of DDs willing to sponsor science packages to the MOTUScience wiki page so it is easier for new Ubuntu packagers to get connected to the Debian sponsorship system. Having some kind of contact at least would really help I imagine.

Jordan