Re: ubuntu-science

> Hello everybody!
Hi!

[snip]
>    Ok, so the reason I sent this rather long email is that I think it
> would be a benefit to both the Debian and Ubuntu communities if we keep
> each other informed at least and work together where possible. I am
> encouraging the MOTUScience team members to at least email this list
> when a new science package has been added to Ubuntu so that we don't get
> a lot of duplication of work. It would be great to also file an ITP and
> find a DD to sponsor.  It would be helpful to us if we had some sort of
> list (maybe on DebianScienceSponsoring) of DDs willing to sponsor
> scientific packages. We get so much from the Debian community that it
> would great for Ubuntu community to be able to give something back. I

I've seen a lot of grumbling between Debian and Ubuntu people (more
users than devs), and I think this is a fantastic attitude to take. I
hope this kind of cooperation and communication becomes the norm for
Ubuntu and Debian development. Hopefully duplication of effort can
indeed be avoided and both distros can benefit.
Thanks and good luck,
JDR