Re: exceptions in gnu c++

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 12:01:26PM -0500, Brett Viren wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Run "top -d 1" from another terminial before starting your program.
> It should show clearly the memory usage climbing if your code has a
> leak.  Hit shift-M to sort by memory usage.
>
> If this is indeed the case I suggest that you recompile with "-g" and
> then run your program under "valgrind" to find the source of your
> memory leak.

I think I understand what's happening. What to do about it is another
matter. For now, I intend to avoid attempting to run with parameter
values that result in crash, while I attend to other matters.

All responses were valuable in un-muddling my thinking.
Thanks.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net