Re: appropriate architectures for packages

At what point does it make no sense to expend a lot of effort to build a package on architectures where the are not likely to be used (or even usable)? Just because it _can_ be built on a particular architecture does it _always_ make sense to do so?

I tend to think, for most packages, that not being built on an architecture where they *can* be built is a bug in the package.

One justifiable reason for not having the package build on a platform is an unsupported, buggy compiler toolchain - but I don't think you'll run into that on m68k, mips, et al.

Another reason to keep building the package - someone may want to build a piece of embedded kit around it.

--elijah