Re: Debian menu and the Apps/Science section

Hello,
Thomas Walter wrote:
Hello,

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 17:01, Bill Allombert wrote:
[discussion (in bug #361418) on the future of the Debian
menu structure]

It also opens a long discussion about the hirarchy....
I think that's the main point. The more or less "networked" character of science allows for many different hierarchy models to build menus, depending on the viewpoint.
So having a Math section in parallel to Science could be for more
"calulator" oriented SW.

In general, my understanding of "Science" is in the sense of research
and not education.
Thus an example breakdown within Sience could be like
	Mathematics
	Physics
	Bio
	Chemistry
	Astronomics
	Geology
where some applications or tools can be part of several sub-sections.
Perhaps applications which could be used in nearly all sub-sections
could go into a "General" or "Common" Section.

In parallel to section "Science" have a section "Education"
I'd vote for this too. But basically it looks as if we needed a next generation parametrized menu builder ;-) Is somebody working on that?

Have a nice day,
Peter