Re: Can you help me to test treeviewx?

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 02:07:49PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Lastly, I have a few questions :
>
> - A gzipped empty changelog file is created, but I do not understand
>   where it is coming from.
Upstream or ./debian/changelog; probably installed by dh_installdocs,
perhaps influenced by ./debian/docs.  Did you try exporting
DH_VERBOSE=1?

> - The diff.gz contains some unwanted files named confing.sub and
>   config.guess, which seem to be transferred from /usr/share by the
>   rules file. however, I do not understand the purpose of this.
Read /u/s/d/autotools-dev/.  Copying new versions of those files fixes
bugs and allows building on newly-supported architectures.

> 	# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
> 	-$(MAKE) distclean
This is evil, see #325372 and threads on -mentors.

> ifneq "$(wildcard /usr/share/misc/config.sub)" ""
> 	cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.sub config.sub
> endif
> ifneq "$(wildcard /usr/share/misc/config.guess)" ""
> 	cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.guess config.guess
> endif
The alternative to copying it in the clean target is to copy (or link)
it in the configure (or build) target, and remove it in the clean
target, which causes the .diff.gz to be shorter, more readable, and
more source-like.

Justin