Re: Is there template for letters about software without licence ?

Hi Charles,

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 19:49 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was wondering wether there was a template for letters in which one
> signals to upstream developpers that their software have no licence, and
> explains briefly the differences between GPL, BSD, public domain and no
> licence.

I do not know of one, though I've probably written about a dozen of
them :-)

> If not, I will try to write one specific for academic researchers.

Great idea.  I know of at least 2 or 3 popular academic software
packages that could do with such a letter :-)

Yours,

--
 ___  |  Christian Holm Christensen
    | |  Address: Sankt Hansgade 23, 1. th.  Phone:  (+45) 35 35 96 91
     _|           DK-2200 Copenhagen N       Cell:   (+45) 24 61 85 91
    _|            Denmark                    Office: (+45) 353  25 404
 ____|   Email:   cholm@nbi.dk               Web:    www.nbi.dk/~cholm
 | |