Re: New Debian ROOT (5.09/01) packages for i386 unstable

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 06:20:01PM +0100, Christian Holm Christensen wrote :
> > E: La dépendance Build-Depends vis-à-vis de root ne peut être satisfaite car le paquet libchirp-dev ne peut être trouvé
>
> OK, I'm not _that_ good at French.  Could you translate or
>
> 	export LANG=C

Oops, I did not notice...

> libchirp-dev is a non-standard Debian package.    You can find it for
> i386 at http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root.
>
> The newest source upload (5.09.01-2) does not depend on this package.

This morning, I did:

apt-get update
apt-get build-dep root

and got the following:

charles@sorbet:~$ LC_ALL=C sudo apt-get build-dep root
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Note, selecting libxmlrpc-c3-dev instead of libxmlrpc-c-dev
Note, selecting libldap2-dev instead of libldap-dev
Package libmysqlclient-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  libmysqlclient12-dev 4.0.24-10sarge1
  libmysqlclient10-dev 3.23.56-3
You should explicitly select one to install.
Package libqt3-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  qt3-qtconfig qt3-linguist qt3-dev-tools-embedded qt3-dev-tools-compat
  qt3-dev-tools qt3-designer qt3-assistant qt3-apps-dev libqt3-mt-dev
  libqt3-headers libqt3-compat-headers
  cernlib-base cfortran comerr-dev libkadm55 libkernlib1 libkernlib1-dev
  libkrb5-dev libldap2-dev libmysqlclient12 libmysqlclient12-dev libpacklib1
  libpacklib1-dev libpcre3-dev libpcrecpp0 libpq-dev libpq4 libruby1.8
  libssl-dev libwww-dev libwww0 libxml2-dev libxmlrpc-c3 libxmlrpc-c3-dev
  mysql-common postgresql-dev python-dev python2.3-dev ruby1.8-dev
  libcomerr2 libxml2 python2.3
3 upgraded, 28 newly installed, 0 to remove and 239 not upgraded.
E: Package libmysqlclient-dev has no installation candidate
E: Package libqt3-dev has no installation candidate
E: Failed to process build dependencies

I think that there are still some dependancise where the virtual package is listed incorrectly. I could pick up a libmysqlclient-dev at random, or take the hignest version number, but for libqt3-dev, the choice is much more puzzling...

I will give it a new try when you will have fixed those dependancies.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
RIKEN Wako, Saitama, Japan