Good NMR-software anyone?

Dear all,

In our department some folks started to use NMR. They have been
recommended to use MestReC (currently a Windows-only program 8but see
end of message), http://www.mestrec.com/mestrec.php). I admit that I am a total
ignorant when it comes to NMR so "googling" around did not lead very
far.
What I found was

NPNMR:       http://members.aol.com/npnmr/
NMRPipe:     http://spin.niddk.nih.gov/bax/software/NMRPipe/
NMRnotebook: http://www.nmrtec.com/GIFA5/

Does anyone know these programs and can tell me if they are usable
for NMR analysis (are stable, etc.) and what are their advantages,
disadvantages?
My problem is that I can hardly judge the usability of these programs
myself (as I hardly know anything about NMR as I already mentioned)
and the people in our group aren't to keen on playing around with many
programs just for testing ("as MestReC does the job")(and I am not in
the position to tell THEM to). My current concept is to replace all
software require with software that is available under Linux also
(e.g. OOo, Firefox etc.). My folks are not yet converted to Linux so I
would initially make these special programs available via FreeNX if
they are "Linux only". Once people get used to it I will switch the
users completely.

Thank you for listening!
Regards,
 Stephan

PS:
I asked the company that codes MestReC if they will provide a Linux
version, and this is what I was pleased to read:

--
Stephan Gromer, MD. PhD.
Work:  Biochemie-Zentrum Heidelberg / Im Neuenheimer Feld 504 / D-69120