Re: octave 2.9 branch

* Colin Ingram <synergizedmusic@gmail.com> [2005-09-19 19:47]:

> This is my first post to debian-science....I have been enjoying the
> converstation though.
>
> I am currently running sarge with octave 2.71-4 from unstable.  Is
> anyone using the 2.9 branch from experimental.  Are there any major
> issues with it. (I mean debian issues...not problems upstream)

I take the opportunity to advertise the DOG (Debian Octave Group) which
is responsible for maintaining the Octave-related packages.  Any person,
DD or not, is invited to join us. See http://pkg-octave.alioth.debian.org/.

Back to your question, the octave2.9 package in experimental needs some
work.  First, there is a new 2.9.3 upstream version available.  Second,
we should port the recent changes regarding libhsdf5 and the C++ ABI
transition from octave2.1 to octave2.9.

As I wrote above, manpower for package development is welcome.

--
Rafael