Re: Any interest in Debian packages of Geant 4?

Hello Kevin,

If the code license is OSI-compatible, I see no reason to filter it from the Debian archive.  Even if the package is large, it doesn't matter for most users because it will not be installed by default.  The only problem that I can think of is that the full CD/DVD distribution will require more discs.  But that is growing anyway, and there is no way to stop it.  Even so, it's not a bad thing.  I think that it is better to make as much software available as possible, rather than impose filters such as file size.  I'm sure that there are many students and physicists that will benefit if this software is included in Debian.

Best Regards,
Mike Gilbert